Pages

Friday, August 20, 2021

Potato Collector

 Hello Bloggers

Yesterday at the school zoom meeting we were told to create a potato collector, we had the choice to draw it on paper, Create it on pixel art or make it in real life. I chose to do it in real life. But the rule was that you were only allowed to use the stuff that would have been available to the Maori back then - rocks, plants, sticks, flax, shells, and leaves. I used a shell, 3 sticks, and flax. I really enjoyed creating it and tieing it all together with flax. Do you have any ideas for making a Potato collector? Here are some pictures.                                                                                                              This was my plan 

                                                                 And this was the real thing



 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Holly India here i love how you chose to make it in real life instead of on your device. Also do you know if your potato collector actually works?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly that is so cool did you draw that It is so artistic From Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly,
    Thanks for sharing the photos of your potato collector! I am very impressed that you made it from natural materials at your home. Thanks for listening to my feedback and putting labels on your drawing :) I'm with India - I wonder if it would work...?
    Ka mau te wehi

    Miss Roberts

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.